Welcome to Down Ampney Village Hall
This site provides you with the information you may need to book the Village Hall, whether for that special "one off" event or regular community activities.
Our hall is proving very popular both with our village regulars and with our visitors.
a. Forthcoming Open/Public Events - See the box to the left,
b. Regular Events in the Village Hall
There are all sorts of events in the hall, some you can just turn up at, others run by clubs you can join. Try exercising, dancing, shooting, short mat bowls, or even start a group yourself. Contact the Booking Manager for details.
We have prepared a single page brochure in pdf format which summarises the facilities, and contains some photographs of our hall. Much other information, including the Hiring Charges page is referenced via a link under the "Booking" tab.
We have collected for your reference various documents for reading or downloading from our Cloud Drive. These are:
- Heating instructions
- The current Diary
- Hiring Charges January 2015
- Sample pages 1 & 2 of the Booking Form
- Standard pages 3 & 4 of the Booking Form
- Standard Conditions of Hire
- Induction Pack, the safety briefing for all hirers
- Keyholder Agreement, additional terms applicable to users who hold a key
Codes: M Main Hall, D Dakota Room, W Wynne Room, S Servery booked.
It is possible to make space on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays for significant one-off events such as parties, conferences or celebrations subject to long advance notice being given.
Our Community Shop adjoins the Hall. The shop contains a post office and a cafe, and during the day can provide drinks and snacks for meetings.
Down Ampney Village has a web-site with all sorts of information about the village and events.
Down Ampney News
DA News is distributed free to every house in the village around the 1st of every month. (There is no website.) It carries detail for most events going on in the village, and advertisements for many of the regular activities going on in the hall.
Press date for each month is around the 20th of the preceding month. The email address and phone number are published in the DA News.
1. When you enter this site you will not be asked for permission to hold and/or share your data because this site does not collect data, and we shall not be sending you any marketing or advertising material.
2. If you have hired, or have enquired about hiring Down Ampney Village Hall, and have provided contact details for those purposes, we shall retain those details for the purposes of managment, administration, and accounts of the hall. Such details will not be shared with any other party, and will not be used for any other purpose.