How to Book
At some point we may have an online booking system, but for now, you will need to use phone and/or email, or click the enquiry submission to the right.
The overall process is as follows:
- Phone, email (see "Contact Us") or send the contact form ("Submit Now" button on the right) with your requirements in terms of rooms, dates and times and your full contact details. The booking manager will respond, normally by email, with an offer of contract by way of a completed booking form comprising the full details of the booking, with our terms and payment requirements.
- If acceptable you sign and return the form with a deposit or full payment as appropriate, and the booking is thereby secured. Note that the booking is not made until payment is received.
- At or shortly prior to the booked start time, a keyholder will meet you at the hall to open it, brief you on safety requirements, show you around, and answer any additional questions you may have.
- At the booked finish time you will be expected to be ready to leave, with the hall clean and tidy as at the outset.
- If you have booked the bar for your function, the bar manager will contact you some time beforehand to discuss your exact requirements for drinks.
- If at the end you are finished and will want to leave earlier or later than booked, please let the keyholder know beforehand to avoid either party having to hang around unnecessarily. Phone numbers are posted in the porch.
Please bear in mind that we are volunteers working from home, and have no staffed office. From time to time we take holidays, during which emails to us are forwarded on so that urgent enquiries can be dealt with. Whilst phone messages are normally dealt with within a couple of working days, you may like to try an email if you do not get a response in this time.
You will see that we are licensed for most forms of music, theatre and cinematic entertainment, and the times during which we are licensed to conduct various licensed activities. Above this, we like to ensure that noise is carefully controlled later in the evening, and we are also very emphatic about events not overflowing outside the front door! In any case, the hall must be cleaned and cleared by midnight. We are limited to having 140 people at any event.
Our Music Licence
We are licensed with PRS for the use of live music at public events in the hall, and with PPL for use of recorded music.