Down Ampney is a vibrant community and the Village Hall with the attached Community Shop & Post Office are the hub of the village. A wide range of community functions and events occurs during the year.
Some of the regular events are:
- Summer Fête - usually May or June
- Gardening Club Plant Show - April
- Gardening Club Annual Show - first Saturday in September
- Arnhem veterans' reunion - mid September (held to remember those who were based in the village during WWII, and give thanks for the successful Arnhem airlift in 1944.)
- Christmas Bazaar - late November
Also, there are regular community quiz nights, interspersed with various social events such as auctions, musical evenings, films, suppers and BBQ's. The hall is central to many of the village fund-raising events.
Other Open or Public Events:
There are all sorts of clubs and classes running, many of which are open to their respective members, or to the public, although you should check in advance.
Currently these cover Aerobics, Ballet, Ballroom Dancing, Exercise generally, Karate, Air-rifle Shooting, Tai Chi and Yoga. Current classes are shown in the "Regulars" listing.
We are beginning to host musical evenings and have had folk bands playing live for us.
If you would like to organise an event or class, or get involved in one of those mentioned here, contact us.